What is English Learner Advisory Committee?
A school-level committee comprised of parents, staff, and community members designated to advise school officials on English learner programs and services. Each California public school with 21 or more English learners must form an English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
What are the positions?
There are four positions, which are president, vice president, secretary, and DELAC representative.
- Advising the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement
- Assisting in the development of the school-wide needs assessment
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance
- Each ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). Districts with 31 or more ELACs may use a system of proportional or regional representation.
- Attend 4 school ELAC meetings per year from 8:15-9:15 A.M.
- Attend ELAC Training on October 16, 2019 at 5:30-6:30 P.M.
- This is a one-year term
If you are interested in being part of ELAC, please download, complete and sign the ELAC member submission form and return it to the office. We have four parent positions open. If you would like to e-mail your brief description, please send it to Mrs. Worthy at firstname.lastname@example.org.