Evergreen School District Dual Language Immersion Opportunities!
Please take our survey!
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas!
Por favor complete nuestra encuesta!
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ! Hãy làm khảo sát của chúng tôi!
Take Survey Now
Our District is on a continuous journey to make our schools the best places for students to learn, staff to work, and parents to send their children for a strong education. We are looking to expand opportunities for our families with an English-Spanish dual language immersion program in 2020-2021! This survey is designed to help us gauge interest not only for an English-Spanish program, but also the potential for an English-Cantonese/Mandarin and English-Vietnamese program in the future. This survey is designed to adapt to your responses and will take between 3-7 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Distrito Escolar Evergreen Oportunidades de inmersión en dos idiomas
Nuestro distrito está en un viaje continuo para hacer de nuestras escuelas los mejores lugares para que los estudiantes aprendan, el personal trabaje y los padres envíen a sus hijos a una buena educación. ¡Estamos buscando ampliar las oportunidades para nuestras familias con un programa de inmersión en dos idiomas inglés-español en 2020-21! Esta encuesta está diseñada para ayudarnos a medir el interés no solo para un programa inglés-español sino también para el potencial de un programa inglés-cantonés / mandarín e inglés-vietnamita en el futuro. Esta encuesta está diseñada para adaptarse a sus respuestas y tomará entre 3 y 7 minutos completarla. Gracias de antemano por tu participación.
Cơ hội học tập song ngữ
Học khu của chúng tôi đang trên một hành trình liên tục để biến trường học của chúng tôi thành nơi tốt nhất để học sinh học tập, nhân viên làm việc và phụ huynh gửi con em họ đến một nền giáo dục tốt. Chúng tôi đang tìm cách mở rộng cơ hội cho các gia đình của chúng tôi với chương trình song ngữ Anh-Tây Ban Nha vào năm 2020-21! Khảo sát này được thiết kế để giúp chúng tôi thu hút sự quan tâm không chỉ đối với một chương trình tiếng Anh-Tây Ban Nha mà còn là tiềm năng cho một chương trình tiếng Anh-tiếng Quảng Đông / tiếng Quan Thoại và tiếng Anh-tiếng Việt trong tương lai. Khảo sát này được thiết kế để thích ứng với câu trả lời của bạn và sẽ mất từ 3 đến 7 phút để hoàn thành. Cảm ơn bạn trước sự tham gia của bạn.
While major disasters are rare, it is important that we are prepared. Each year students and teachers prepare and discuss procedures for fire, earthquake, and code red. Below are some things that parents can do to assist in disaster preparedness.
- If your child needs regular medication at school, assure there is always a 3-4 day supply maintained at all times.
- Discuss with your children the emergency training they have received at school, give your support by stressing its importance, and encourage them to cooperate with school staff members, both in practice drills and in the event of a real emergency.
- Formulate your own home emergency plans and teach your children what they should do as part of it. Instruct them as to whom they should go to for adult supervision if you are not available and as to what they should do if an emergency occurs when they are walking to or from school.
- It is natural for parents to want to be reunited with their children immediately. The first priority of school and emergency staff will be to secure the area, protect the children and tend to the injured. For a response effort to be successful, it is vital that parents not interfere. Your patience and cooperation during such a crisis can save children’s lives.
- Please keep your cars away from the school so that emergency vehicles can have immediate and clear access to the school.
- Please don’t call your children on their cell phones so that emergency personnel can have open phone lines to communicate.
- Please keep clear of the school until reunification procedures begin.
- Please allow evacuations to proceed without interference. You will be instructed as to the location of the reunification center.
- Check the Evergreen School District website (www.eesd.org) or call the District Office at 270-6800 for information. Tune in to the local television or radio for news alerts.
All emergencies impact schools including local and national events. Here are some examples of emergencies that our school practices with students and staff throughout the year so everyone knows what to do:
- Earthquake - may result in an evacuation depending on the location and severity of the quake
- Missing Person or Student - may result in a lockdown.
- Fire - may result in evacuation or shelter-in-place depending on location and severity of fire.
- Weapons - may result in an evacuation or a lockdown.
- Bomb Threat - may result in an evacuation.
- Chemical/Hazmat/Biological Materials - may result in an evacuation or a shelter-in-place depending on the location and type of incident.
- Intruder- may result in a lockdown or evacuation depending on the circumstances.
In response to an emergency that threatens the school, here are some of the actions the school might take:
Lockdown or Run, Hide, Defend - Secures the building and safely shelters all students, staff, and visitors inside the school building.
Shelter-in-Place - Is a low-level lockdown that has been called because there is a situation/threat in the neighborhood that requires everyone to get inside. Staff and students can continue on their day-to-day activities indoors.
Evacuation - Requires students, staff, and visitors to exit an unsafe school building.
PowerSchool is the system we use to contact parents and guardians in case of an emergency and for safety notifications. On this site you will tell us who you want us to contact and where you want us to contact you...by email, through text or calling your home or mobile phone. It is crucial that your information is kept current in PowerSchool throughout the school year.
Please login to PowerSchool to update your contact information. Refer to the registration guides below as needed. If you have not yet registered for an account, be sure to have your child's student ID to get started. This ID number can be found on your child's report card or student ID card.